Pasadena Public Library – Teen Advisory Board, 4/16/2018
Present: Faith, Liam, Sophie, Taleen, Brittany, Denisse, John, Jonathan, Haile, Liliana, Enrique, Luke, Kristina, Armand, Jane L, Chris, Genevieve
Focus of April meeting: advocacy
- Register for Mental Health Day if you’re able to attend on May 19: https://tinyurl.com/pmhdyouth
- If you’re unable to attend, promote it to at least three teens to attend. The information is attached.
- Register for levelUP2: Youth Leadership Conference on Thursday and Friday July 26-27 (yes, it’s two whole days), if you’re able to attend. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/levelup-2-tickets-43729377746
- Find out and send me the contact info (name and email) for your school’s robotics club and/or coding club.
Debrief (5 minutes)
YA Book Club – Sofia
Youth Network – Isabella & Jonathan G, Taleen & Sophie
GameMaker – Taleen & Kristina
Discussion (70 minutes)
Presentation about Advocacy. Click HERE to review the slides.
- Why is TAB important?
- Why should you join TAB?
- Why give us funding for ____?
- Why give us more support for ____?
Open Floor (5 minutes)
Information items (10 minutes)
What are we behind on?
- Teen Zine
- Blog posts
- Y.E.S. Grant
What are we caught up on?
- Mental Health Initiative
- levelUP Youth Leadership Conference
- STEAM Grant
- Innovation Lab
- STEAM Kits
- STEAM programs & outreaches
- Young Readers League selection committees
- Mental Health Day
- Pasadena Loves YA – finalizing authors
- Summer Reading program and prizes
Tasks between meetings:
- Game maker lesson practice – Kristina & Taleen
- Summer Robotics competition – Sophie & Kristina
- Youth leadership groups interview series for Teens Blog
- Teen Zine – Haile
Upcoming Library events:
- Wed. Apr. 18: Movie Night – Genevieve & Penelope
- Fri. Game Days: John & Haile
- Thu. Apr 26: Teen Writers – Sophie, Genevieve, Taleen
- Mon. May 7: YA Book Club – Sofia
- Sat. May 19: Mental Health Day
- Mon. May 21: TAB meeting
These notes are for record purposes only. For more information about attending events, please see our website: http://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/library/teens-services/#menu3
To join the Teen Advisory Board, the application and description can be found on our website: http://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/library/teens-services/#menu4