Our sixth annual teen book festival, Pasadena Loves YA, featured 19 authors, 4 panels, and a book blitz.
We owe many thanks to everyone who helped with the event including:
- Our featured authors — who donated their time and expertise, and took care of their own travel arrangements
- The panel moderators: Nicole Mainardi, Catherine Linka, Jennifer Brody, and Gretchen McNeil–thank you for taking on the extra task and the extra reading and conducting a superb discussion
- Bridge to Books for lending a helping hand and for donating all the fabulous yummy snacks.
- Alethea Allarey for her incredible dedication and leadership with Bridge to Books
- Thuy Lam for the years and years of consistently posting, sharing, and managing our social media pages
- Additional donations from Dominos Pizza, Cake Girl, and Vital Proteins
- Alfonso Huerta for photographing (for free!)
- Vroman’s Bookstore for taking care of book sales
- Our teen volunteers, Teen Advisory Board (special shoutout to Haneen, our PLYA2019 volunteer Lead), Youth Ambassadors, and Youth Council
- And Pasadena Public Library’s Communications team, Administration, Security, Technology, and staff for helping to make this happen
For more photos and posts about the event:
CLICK HERE for a copy of the schedule