Our fifth annual teen book festival, Pasadena Loves YA, featured 15 authors, 4 panels, and a book blitz.
We owe many thanks to everyone who helped with the event including:
- Our featured authors — who donated their time and expertise, and took care of their own travel arrangements
- The panel moderators: Carrie Arcos, Bree Barton, Cory Doctorow, and Deborah Niblick–thank you for taking on the extra task and the extra reading
- Thanks to publishers: Chronicle Books, Sourcebooks Fire, Katherine Tegen Books, Feiwel & Friends, Philomel Books, Flux Books
- Publicists from: New Leaf Literary & Media, and Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group
- Thank you to Bridge to Books for lending a helping hand and for donating all the fabulous yummy snacks. Our volunteers were: Thuy Lam, Jason Donaghe, Dornel Cerro, Nicole Mainardi, Janelle Alexander, Jenna Alexander, David Yenoki, Helen Fairman, Susan Huon, Esmeralda Alvarez, Nick Bocanegra, Mary Jacobs, Katie Altman, Alethea Allarey, and Alyson Beecher.
- Special thanks to Bridge to Books members: Alethea Allarey and Katie Altman for donating hundreds of books for the Book Blitz!
- Thuy Lam for the years of consistently posting, sharing, and managing our social media pages
- Alfonso Huerta for photographing (for free!)
- Vroman’s Bookstore for taking care of book sales
- Our teen volunteers who helped stuff bags, carry things, set up, and clean up. Our volunteers were: Naomi, Sangam, Sophie W, Joey, Ioana, Chris, Chloe R, Alaina, Jesus, Carolyn, Emilie, John
- And Pasadena Public Library’s Communications team, Security and Technology staff for helping to make this happen
Photos by Alfonso Huerta
For more photos and posts about the event: