Pasadena Public Library – Teen Advisory Board, May 22, 2021
Present: luke, cassie, leo, jasmine, caelie, vivien, noah
Special guests: alexia, dana
Assignment: come up with 1-3 questions to ask Mighty Chondria
- Central Library building closed until further notice
- Mighty Chondria: Mighty Chondria is a startup organization founded by two scientists in highschool, Alexia and Dana, who are passionate about building equity in science education.
Discuss: – equity
What have we been doing and how does it serve equity in the community?
Discuss who the library is serving.
Are we continuing to serve the over-served? There’s no data for the life-changing impacts it has made.
What do we do now that we don’t have a Central Library building?
What programs/services do you want to be a part of?
Ideas from TAB:
school reps to do presentations about library services
challenges: how to start something like this at the school? What kind of permissions do students need to get in order to speak to teachers/peers
June 26 – TAB in-person outdoors at Hastings Branch Library, 4pm
- Distribute shirts, tags
- Setup TAB info display (pre-prep meeting with photos, info guides) — not too crowded display
July – DIY Magic Wand kits
- Practice run of DIY video
- Assistance in creating the magic properties guide
July 10 – levelUP Teen Opportunities Fair at Hastings Library, 2-4pm
- TAB info area; need reps/greeters
Zine article questions – Genevieve, Cassie, Luke
Re-designing Teen Central