The levelUP Youth Leadership Conference was a hybrid conference in 2021, starting with a fair at Hastings Branch Library, followed by a series of online programs presented by our community partners. Topics offered this year include: cooking class, car design workshop, mindfulness, creative writing, and a community health education series.
Here are photos from the fair and the workshop titles and descriptions.
levelUP: Youth Opportunities Fair
For parents and teens. Drop-in to learn about volunteer, leadership, and learning opportunities for teens from community partnerships. Talk to youth program leaders, pick up swag, and sign up for programs. In person, outdoors at Hastings Branch Library
Community Health Education Series: presented by Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley Community Health Educator. For ages 14-18. On Zoom.
- Getting to know your body – Reproductive Anatomy: This workshop describes accurate terminology for reproductive anatomy and reviews key functions of sexual organs. We address common misconceptions and myths, and reflect on the importance of using accurate terms to describe bodies and how they work.
- Sexual orientation and gender identity: Participants will define the differences between assigned sex at birth, gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- STIs and prevention: Review of the basics of STIs, including behaviors that may lead to infections, how STIs are transmitted, and prevention methods, including abstinence.
- Birth control methods: The workshop addresses behavioral, barrier, and hormonal methods and the possible benefits or side effects of each method.
- Pregnancy options: Explores pregnancy options and how to access information and resources for each option.
keywords: level up, collaborate pasadena, youth network, levelup5