Here’s how to make your own fez.
- red stiffened felt
- hot glue gun
- fez pattern
- twine –black or red
- craft headbands (optional)
- self healing cutting board (optional)
- Martha Stewart Screw Punch (optional)
1. Draw pattern on felt
2. Cut out the felt
3. For the top, using the screw punch (pictured) punch out a small hole in the center. Be sure to do this on a cutting board.
4. Glue together your fez using hot glue.
5. Wrap the twine around to make your tassel. Then insert it into the fez top and knot.
6. Depending on your preference, you might want to add a string to tie down the fez, or glue on a headband.
For the headband, glue only one side of the band.
For the string tie down, measure around the top of your head down to your chin, and tie it. Then cut the amount of string you need. Punch a hole on either side of the fez and string through. You’ll need to knot on either side just so the string doesn’t escape through.
Thank you to Teen Advisory Board member Kara Eng for coming up with this craft.
To read more about our Doctor Who event, click on the Doctor Who tag.